Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween

Halloween was pretty fun this year, but I must admit I am really excited for next year when Lexi can enjoy it more. This year she was a little confused as to why she was getting dressed up and why everyone at my work was all over her. hahah but she was so adorable they couldn't help themselves.

We went to a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins. I made Lexi sit in the dirt by the pumpkins to prove they were bigger than her. She is getting so chubby I was worried we wouldn't find pumpkins big enough! But we had success. Then after picking out pumpkins we went and picked up her costume. I unfortunately waited to long to get the costume I wanted, cause I wanted to see how big she would be, and so the costume I wanted was all gone. Therefore Jer picked out a Giraffe and we bought it then went to Walmart. While at Walmart I picked out a pink leopard. It was really cute and much better than the Giraffe so she was a pink Leopard this year. Next year Jer gets to choose the costume.

One night after work we carved the pumpkins. We only made it through Lexi's and then she was done with that activity. I kept putting her hands in the pumpkin goo and she would squeeze it. Tootsie really liked carving pumpkins cause she loves eating the pumpkin goo and seeds. After we put Lexi to bed Jer and I carved our pumpkins. My pumpkin was just a stupid face but Jer had a work of art. He actually carved a dragon it was really cool. Lexi's pumpkin looked just like her little round eyes triangle nose and a mouth with a tongue sticking out. hahaaha.

Halloween day Jeremy went a picked up Lexi from daycare and brought her to my work to show her off. She was a little confused and we woke her up from a nap so that night she was a little cranky. We didn't have many trick or treaters this year :(. So we didn't hand out much candy, that is one of my favorite things to do on Halloween. I love seeing all the kids' costumes and scaring them with the fog machine as they go to step up on the porch. Hopefully next year is better.

Work has been pretty busy and a new adjustment so I haven't been able to write as much. I appoloize. I will try harder!

Pictures:



Picking out pumpkins



Jer and Lexi after carving pumpkins



Me and Lexi after carving pumpkins


Lexi's Pumpkin



Lexi with her pumpkin (can't tell them apart! hhaha)

Jers Pumpkin


Jer (redneck mechanic) and Lexi


Me and Lexi

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

looking forward to seeing your little pumpkin